Applying for Residency
The LSUHSC-Shreveport Pediatric Residency Training Program accepts applications only via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Applicants for the PGY-1 level are selected through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- NO PRE-MATCH POSITIONS ARE OFFERED.
- There are 8 PGY-1 Positions available for 2017-2018.
- International medical graduates (IMGs) must register for ERAS by contacting the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- LSUHSC in Shreveport sponsors J-1 visas ONLY.
- There is no minimum USMLE score necessary for application.
- The Pediatric Residency Training Program at LSU Health Shreveport requires that applicants pass USMLE Step 2 (Clinical Skills) on the FIRST attempt.
- The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners limits the number of attempts for Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge) and Step 3 at four attempts each.
- There are no medical school graduation date requirements.
- There are no U.S. Clinical experience requirements.
- The deadline for applications is December 30, 2017.
Please Note: Our institution does not allow externships or observerships for international medical graduates.
Coming for an Interview
Interviewees who are from out of town and need hotel accommodations will be reimbursed for ONE night's stay at:
The Wyndham Garden Hotel
1419 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105
When making the reservation, inform the clerk that you are interviewing for the Pediatric Residency Program at the LSU Health Sciences Center and that you need the "State Rate". This should be mentioned again when checking-in and checking- out. Should you require shuttle service from the airport, please call the Clarion to make arrangements after you have your flight information. The Clarion also provides complimentary shuttle service to LSU Health Sciences Center, leaving at 7:30am each morning.
You will need to pay for your room; however, if you will bring the original hotel receipt, showing a zero balance, with you to the interview, a check will be processed and mailed to you for the cost of the room.
Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV) is located on the west side of Shreveport off Interstate 20. The airport is serviced by the following airlines:
If you need transportation to the interview or would prefer to follow someone to the LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport campus, please inform our residency coordinator Jessica Lee, or call 318.675.7869, and she will be happy to arrange that for you.
Directions, Maps and Parking
The link below contains driving directions, maps of the LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport campus and parking information.
If you have any questions about directions, maps or parking, email Jessica or call her at 318.675.7869.