LSUHSC-S strives to be a recognized leader in health care and innovation in quest of a healthier Louisiana and world through education, research, and clinical practice.
The primary mission of Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSU-HSC-S) is to teach, heal, and discover in order to advance the well-being of the region and beyond. LSUHSC-S encompasses the Schools of Medicine, Graduate Studies, and Allied Health Professions in Shreveport.
In implementing its mission, LSUHSC-S is committed to:
- Educating physicians, basic scientists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals based on state-of-the-art curricula, methods, and facilities, preparing students for careers in health care service, teaching and research.
- Providing state-of-the-art clinical care, including a range of tertiary special services, to an enlarging and diverse regional base of patients.
- Achieving distinction and international recognition for basic science and clinical research programs that contribute to the body of knowledge and practice in science and medicine.
- Supporting the region and the State in economic growth and prosperity by utilizing research and knowledge to engage in productive partnerships with the private sector.
- Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes mutual respect for all.
To achieve the mission of LSUHSC-S by maximizing our human, intellectual and fiscal resources; to use state of the art practices and technology in providing teaching, research and patient care; to employ proactive and sound decision making; and to effectively and efficiently satisfy the needs of the public for education and health care. LSUHSC-S is committed to extending opportunities for healthcare education and therapies to all segments of the population.
The purpose of this strategic plan is to provide direction and an integrative framework for planning and action by our Schools and Hospital in satisfying the mission of the Health Sciences
Center-Shreveport, and to assure an appropriate framework for accountability that is fundamental for continuous improvement within all our constituent programs.